Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day 2 of some awesomeness!!!

After our amazing night at the Train Concert, on Thursday we traveled up to Clarksville to visit with some Rockstars. Aka: Jessica, Chaz and their adorable girls.  The we went back to Clarksville so that we could attend Chaz's BBQ his guys were doing for him. As well as present Chaz with his Broze Star and his ARCOM with Valor Medal. Jessica had told us about this "surprise" for Chaz and it was awesome to be apart of this and knowing. Chaz didn't have a clue about the medals so it was pretty freakin sweet!

However.....
Jessica purposely forgot to mention to Ray and I one surprise!!! While at this BBQ for Chaz, we were presented with a Challenge Coin by Captain Gold. At first when Captain Gold got everyone's attention, for what I "thought" was for Chaz. I got up from my seat so I could move to a better spot to get some pictures. Then Captain Gold says "Mrs. Hale if you would please step up here" and he asked for Ray as well. I immediately looked right at Jessica, I knew who the culprit was!! ;) It was an awesome surprise and I even shed a few tears.

Ray and I were given the Challenge Coin for setting up the Team Allen Facebook page to help keep the guys in Chaz's unit updated on his progress while they were still deployed. I set the page up because Jessica was getting tons of friend requests, even from people she didn't know. I figured this would be easier for everyone! Never would have thought starting this page back in February (I believe that is right) would today have almost 9,000 fans!!! Be sure to check out the page at www.facebook.com/GoTeamAllen and 'like' it if you haven't already!!! This family is amazing!!

Close up of Chaz's Medals
Captain Gold, Chaz  and Larry Breland
Ray & I with Captain Gold holding our Coin.

No comments :

Post a Comment