Tuesday, December 6, 2011

October In Review....

I've been slacking on my blogging so now its time to get back to it. Hopefully, I'll be back to doing it daily or at least daily. :)


October was a great month, I simply adore fall!!! I had the honor of attending SPC. Kurtz homecoming at Outlaw Field in Clarksville, TN. SPC. Kurtz was like Chaz, he wasn't able to get the welcome home like his fellow soldiers received. SPC. Kurtz was injured and had been recovering at Walter Reed. So this day was just awesome!!! I had never met SPC. Kurtz but it was an honor shaking his hand that day and saying Thank You! Jessica & Chaz could not be there because Chaz was still having therapy at Walter Reed. So, Jessica's mom and I went to represent Team Allen!! If you have never attended a homecoming for a soldier, please attend one the next time you hear about it. It is the best feeling you will ever have!!!
Here are a few snaps from that day.....





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ray & I were able to fly to DC to see Chaz in the Army 10 Miler on October 9, 2011. This was so awesome to be there and see Chaz cross the finish line! He was just injured on Jan. 22, 2011 and here he was training and finishing the Army 10 Miler!!!!! Chaz finished the race in 41:06, pretty freakin cool considering this was his first race!! Chaz also raised the most money for the Fisher House Foundation. I believe he raised $10,000! Way to Go Chaz!!!


Crossing the Finish Line









So, this was the highlights from October!!!! Be sure to go check out Team Allen on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/GoTeamAllen 




No comments :

Post a Comment