Friday, August 2, 2013

Run, Roll, Stroll 5k | Virtual Run

I am a little bit behind on writing about my running. So its time to catch up...

I was super excited about this race, it was my first virtual race. I love Operation Ward 57 and their sister non profit Honor, Courage, Commitment. They both do so much for our Wounded Heroes. Only thing about this race, it was too far away for me to get to. Being a runner and wanting to help these amazing people out, I suggested doing a virtual race as well. Those who couldn't make it could do their own run at the same time everyone else at the race does. Booyah! They did it! Honor, Courage, Commitment ended up having people register in Afghanistan, Japan and I believe 6 other states! Woot Woot!!! I was super excited to get in the mail my shirt, bib and a sticker. Super stoked on the bib as it's another one to add to the collection. Hey, its the little things. On July 15, I laced up my running shoes and went out with my running buddy Sherry. I ended up running 8.2 miles in 1:58!! 







No comments :

Post a Comment