Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Running of the Turkeys 10k

I was excited about this race. It's the first 10k that has ever been just a 10 minute drive from my house. I saw one of my running buddies on Facebook join their event page and checked it out and decided to register. It was chilly that morning and my goal was to run the whole thing. I've yet to run a race non stop, just during training runs. Well, I've only ran a few times in Manchester so I knew I was lost when the race director starting saying "Turn here, turn there.....". And I wasn't the only one either. Not to mention the lack of volunteers at certain points telling you which way to go. Signs are great, but when they aren't in the right place or being blocked by your volunteer its pointless. Case in point... I told my running buddy that was the first race I ever had to go down steps. Her reply "what steps, I didn't go down any." Ooopsie! But hey I still got 1st in my age group. :) And Miranda won the race as well as her mom Cathy winning 1st in her age group. Not to shabby for folks who had really no clue where we were going. ;)

Here are a few snaps from the day!
Waiting for the awards to be handed out. And yes, those are my gloves sticking out. ;)
 
Woot Woot!!!












No comments :

Post a Comment