Monday, June 30, 2014

Lacking Patience

I have never had patience, even as a kid I could never sit quietly and wait. If I knew something was being planned or coming up, I simply could not wait. That still holds true today! I guess you could say it's my krytonite. I can see why Superman hated it so much. It sucks. ;)

Today I should be starting Week 2 of my marathon training. But instead I haven't ran in 4 weeks since I had my ankle sprain in May. I'm over it! Completely O-V-E-R IT!!! I tried last week just to see if I could go and nope! I felt a pulling on the inside of my ankle and the more I tried to go the more it hurt. I still haven't ran the virtual 10k from Chaz's race! To say I miss running is an understament.

I miss having sweat stinging my eyes, or trying to get in a few more miles before calling it a day. I miss the long runs and having to get up at 4:30am on my day off to beat the heat that will be rolling in that day. I miss seeing the sunrise and thinking to myself how lucky am I to see this. I miss yelling at drivers who don't see us, knowing they can totally hear every word I say as they drive on down the road. ;) I miss setting out water before the start of long runs and hoping no one steals it. I miss my running buddies and all the laughs we share along the way. I miss GU, I even have some of the new flavors and I have yet to try them. I miss hill repeats (did I really just say that?!). I miss the sprints. I miss having that one power song on and it pushing me to run the last mile or that huge hill and still keep going. And I miss being the runner that other people saw while driving. I miss scheduling my weekend around long runs just so I can get it finished. I miss two-a-days.  I miss accidently cranking out a long run by accident and still feel like I could have done more. And I miss the crazy tan lines from compression socks or racerback shirts. I just miss it all.

I have races to be training for and I feel like I will not be prepared for any of them. I am basically starting over from scratch. I have the Women's Half Marathon on September 27 and The Middle Half on October 11. And my biggest race of the year, the Marine Corps Marathon on October 26. This will be my first marathon and I have such a goal with it. Yet, I feel like I will not make that goal. Much less be prepared for tany of those races. I am trying to keep up with the cross training, focusing mainly on upper body and keeping the legs to a minimal. Especially since I am not sure the extent of the injury just yet. But it's hard, very hard. Fingers crossed maybe I'll need just a few more weeks off and then I can start back running with no issues. And come back even stronger than before.

Here's to trying to be patient a little longer..................

No comments :

Post a Comment