Sunday, March 22, 2015

Special Kids Race | 15k

Race season is upon us and I am so excited for what 2015 has in store. Yesterday I ran the Special Kids 15k race in Murfreesboro. First time doing this race but I'll definitely be doing it again. It's flat, fast and all the proceeds from the race go directly to helping the special needs children in that area. The amazing sponsors are the ones that fund all the awesomeness of the day. Pretty sweet!

I woke up pretty early to head to Fleet Feet to catch the shuttle over to the start. Right away I was not feeling like running at all. Which usually means its going to be a great run!!!!! No joking..if I feel excited to run, I usually end up sucking. Weird huh?! The volunteers were awesome, the course was marked extremely well. Best of all.....your medal is given to you by one of the kids. The little fella that handed me mine was super adorable and so excited. He kept searching for runners crossing the finish line and had the biggest smile on his face!!!

I ended up running the course the entire way, no walking breaks. Whooo Hoo!!! I didn't start out too fast, something I've been working hard on during races. I finally have a playlist that is perfect for the first 2 miles. The key is not having a fast song but enough tempo to keep you going.

Since coming back off injury, I've been working hard to have a better form. And race photos are not only great for reliving the moment but checking out your form. I was quite giddy when I saw the photos from the race. Straight back, relaxed shoulders and no slouching. YAY! I was a little bummed there was no finish line photo.





Yep, wore those awesome shorts to
store my water.



The photo on the right was from 2 years ago at the Middle Half. 





You can't see it here, but I was quite emotional
after crossing the finish line. This was taken just
a few moments after crossing.



Eeeek! 







No comments :

Post a Comment