Monday, November 2, 2015

The Middle

Whooo Hooo!!!! I completed my first marathon!! Twenty-Six. Two Miles!  I still can't believe I finished and I'll tell you all about the course, the goodies and more but first I need to blog about the Middle Half first so let's get to it.


The Middle Half was my last "long" run before the Marine Corps Marathon. I had high expectations on this race before our house burned down and when it finally came race day I was ready to just get it over with. Since the house caught fire my heart just hasn't been into running. And I hate that. We've been working hard on our contents list for the insurance and its just getting old. Listing your item, the year purchased and where you got it is just blah.

But I got up on Saturday, October 10th and laced up my running shoes. My goal was to finally get a new PR in the half, something I've been chasing for awhile now. I've also had a goal of running a half without taking a walking break. Two goals that I hope to make soon. The Middle Half is a super flat course and perfect for those who are just now getting into running. The course is great as is all the support given along the way. It was a little chilly before the start of the race and a little rain while we were driving down. Which was a given because Miranda was running it. ;) Anytime she runs a race, its usually raining at some point. ;)

Ended up finishing the race in 2:46...still chasing that PR.


At the start of the race


Coming in Fast


I love the race photographers giving runners
a free photo from the race.



I wanted to puke here. 



I love the shirts they give! 


No comments :

Post a Comment