Sunday, October 9, 2016

One Year Later....One Less House

 Time moves fast when your older. I remember when I was a kid and it felt like forever before Christmas would come again. It seems like it was just yesterday our world turned to flames but a year has came much quicker than it did when I was younger.

I never cried when we lost our home. I even surprised myself with how strong I was in telling the firefighters to just go ahead and toss the nightstands out. He kept saying "are you sure?" While they were still fighting the flames. I was already making a toss pile of items we wouldn't be able to keep. A few people that stopped by said to me "this will all hit you later and you'll lose it." But I didn't.





 But I finally did after the house was finally torn down. For the longest, it felt as if we still had 2 homes. One just didn't have a roof. Or water. Or a mortgage payment. ;) I wanted to be there when it was torn down but I had to work. Ray sent me a photo and I got a little teary eyed seeing nothing be concrete slab for the garage. But quickly pulled it together. I've learned so much about myself since the fire. I really am a strong person.







Standing in what use to be my kitchen

Found this baseball card. 

So now we just have an empty field with a drive to nowhere and a mailbox at the end of it. We are undecided on what will happen with the property. At the moment, we are very happy where we are. Being close to everything is awesome. I love my new job at Fleet Feet and all the new people we've made friends with. Ray loves being closer to work. I still drive to McMinnville every now and then. And honestly, it feels like it takes forever to get there. I like the closeness of everything here. But at times, I do miss the country life. The quietness. But I love where we are. This is home.

No comments :

Post a Comment