Saturday, October 22, 2016

Rollin' Nolen 10 Miler

Holy Smokes. The inaugural Rollin' Nolen lived up to its name. Hill after hill. After hill. However, it was probably my favorite race to date. The Volunteers were amazing, all the runners were just in an awesome mood on this chilly morning. Finally a morning without humidity and 90 degree temps. It was a brisk 40 degrees. Whoo Hoo!!! And most importantly, running this race with my buddies Miranda and Teresa. We use to run together all the time until Miranda and I moved away. :( But we decided to run this race together and we had tons of fun. Even with all the hills. ;)

Back together again!!!
Before we started eating hills for breakfast. ;)


I am finally beginning to realize that just going out and having fun while running is totally helping me in not being so stressed about getting a PR. And I came pretty darn close to getting it. My PR in a 10 mile race is 1:56. I finished today's race in 1:58:07. But I totally redeemed myself from the Moon Pie 10 miler back in June with a finish time of 2:16. Whoo Hoo!!! Why couldn't this race have been my half from 2 weeks ago? As Miranda said, "you did so well because there wasn't any pressure." Now, I can't wait for the next race. And I can't wait to run the Rollin' Nolen again with these two girls!!! I'm now half (see what I did there ;) tempted to find another half before the year is out. Huge thanks to Alejandro at work for the fueling tips, I was able to fuel much better with this race than I did at the Middle Half.  The only thing I hated about this race....the chafing. But I guess you're not running unless you're Chafing the Dream. Hahaha!!








Happy & No Pressure Running!!

No comments :

Post a Comment