Sunday, January 1, 2017

New Year, New Races

It's the first day of the New Year and it's the perfect time to run a race in the rain. The forecast was dreary but the race didn't start until 2pm. Per the weather channel, it was suppose to be clear. But we all know they can't always get it right. At least it was a light drizzle and the temps weren't freezing cold. But even with the rain it was still a super fun race.




Penny from work joined in the fun with us. 


I am proud to say I did the race with not setting a finish goal time. Although, as I was running down the hill towards the finish line, as I looked at the clock I caught myself shaking my head and making a face because of my time. Irene tried her best to make an appearance. 😤😉 Before the start another runner asked what my goal time was going to be. He seemed a little shocked when I said I had no goal. I've been running better when I don't set one although I did say I would like to do 30 or so minutes since my previous PR is a 32:42. The hills are what got me. Towards the end it felt as if they would never end. I need to get back to doing hill repeats again. 


Those hills 😜


Soaking wet but still smiling

Even crazy smiles 😂







First race of the year is finished, now its time to buckle down and make 2017 epic. Until next time, Happy Running!

No comments :

Post a Comment