Friday, February 10, 2017

Lucky 13

Last weekend I ran my 13th Half Marathon at the Cedars of Lebanon Frostbite, and I may have felt like pulling out of the race before it ever started. In fact, as I was standing at the start line.  I didn't want to run at all. But instead of stepping off to the side, I hit start on my watch and took off running.


Fingers ready to hit start. 😂
Miranda mentioned at the start that she was running with me. And although I mentioned a few times for her to go on, I'm glad she stuck with me. We had (what we think) 2 miles of running on a gravel road. (Does this mean we ran a trail race? ;) Had it not been for her, I probably would have walked all of that. She had to get mean towards the end. I wanted to walk, but she yelled at me to keep going. We were almost there, but it seemed to take forever....


Before hitting the gravel. We had
so many to comment on our tights.
Ps. They are from DonaJo



There seemed to be hills, hills and more hills. Oh and even some down hill.  Needless to say, lots of hills. 😬 The best part of the gravel portion was when it finally ended and we had some cuties doing cartwheels. I'd like to think they were just as excited for us to be off the gravel too. 😄



I fell apart at mile 7 and again at mile 10. Mile 7 was probably the worst, I felt like my legs couldn't go anymore. I've had this happen usually around Mile 11 during the past few half marathons. I am starting to work harder on my fuel intake so as soon as I got that feeling, I sucked down a huma gel. Miranda pretty much pulled me along during those miles. Especially around Mile 10 when she yelled at me to keep running. I may have whined just a little bit. 🙈 She mainly yelled for me to quit looking at my watch. I really didn't realize how close I was to finishing with a PR. It still didn't hit once we crossed the finish line. I almost ran out of gas as we were running towards the finish line. Thankfully Miranda yelled at me again to keep going... haha!


So about that PR... the last half I ran was in December and there I finished in 2:37:58. It took me 2 years to finally get a new PR. I ended up shaving another 3 minutes and 6 seconds this time. Whoo Hoo!! Maybe hills are the key....


Whoo Hoo!!! This girl is awesome

Maybe one day I'll have a great finish line photo. 

Medals are handed out, so I made some for
a few running buddies. 






The next race is Oak Barrel and guess what, there are hills. I'm kinda excited about this one. I'm still setting only one goal..to finish. That goal seems to be working so lets keep it going.

No comments :

Post a Comment