Saturday, May 27, 2017

A Hot Half


Holy Smokes was this half marathon a hot one. First time it's ever been so hot you felt as if you were melting into the pavement. I wasn't looking for a PR in this race, I just wanted to survive and finish it upright. And I'm happy to say I did just that. Woo!! I did have one goal, to stick with Susan as much as I could. But I quickly realized around Mile 3 that wasn't going to happen with this race.




A few of the Monday Misfits. We took an early photo
so we could go stand in line for the portable toilets ;)




After standing in line, it was finally time to make our way to the start line.

The lady in the upper left corner wasn't as excited as we "looked"
😂

They announced more water stops would be on course, wet towels and sprinklers.  Finally around mile 11, I scored a wet towel.  I sure could have used it way sooner but it was still great to cool off, even if I was almost done with the race.

Looking all Casper but my face being a beet.
Thanks Colleen for snapping this photo.



The water stops are always fun to see. This guy was dressed as if he was riding a camel. He was even trying his best to twerk in it. Hahahaha! I had to snap a photo with him. He was even at the finish line cheering everyone on.



Towards the end of the race, I started having calf cramps and I stopped sweating. After that, I was just done. While my time wasn't what I had hoped for (3:00:18), I still finished the race. Hopefully the next half won't be a zillion degrees out. ;)

Coming into the finish. I did beat last year's
time....by a minute. ;)




Susan & I after being stuck in traffic.

Happy Running! Even when the race doesn't go as planned.

No comments :

Post a Comment